Promoting Your E-book
Your e-book may not really be the Gospel and able to save souls, but if it can do something that your reader really wants, then strategic promoting will definitely be all you need to kick-start its release in the market. Your ebook will be a runaway success in no time!
When promoting your e-book, you are strongly discouraged from using any paid marketing techniques. Remember the rule about free resources and taking advantage of it? Well, it applies in this case, too!
Do Not Forget To Check – thrive content builder review to generate more beautiful landing pages and websites.
In forum marketing, the trick is to establish your credibility and rapport between you and your readers or you and possible affiliate marketers, fellow writers, and reviewers. It is ideal if you start being active in forums even before your e-book is released. Forums that can help you promote your e-book are the following:
• Other forums specific to your niche
Hopefully you already have one from way back, which means you already have an established presence and readership base online. If not, you might want to start working on getting your blog read first. After that, you can use the blog to market your e-book with the following strategies.
• Share excerpts and sneak peeks of your work
• Post reviews of your work on your blog
• Hold contests to increase awareness of your e-book; require contestants to promote your e-book (e.g. tweeting, liking your Facebook page et al), with every tweet equivalent to one “entry”
• Use copies of your e-books as their prizes
• Post topics relevant to the subject matter of your e-book then end with an invitation to check your work if they want to know more
Give and Take Marketing
There are, of course, other and more technical words for it like link exchanges but all of them boil down to just one principle, and that is for people to give and take for a mutually beneficial relationship.
• If you perform any of the suggested activities below, it is likely that the other person will do the same for you even without being prompted.
• Post a review on e-books of related subject but those that do not directly compete with yours
• Comment on the other person’s blog or be a guest writer on their blog
• Interview another author for your next podcast
• Buy someone else’s e-book and they will buy yours
Marketing in Amazon
Here are other ways you can market and which are provided by Amazon itself.
• Amazon Author Page – Use this to have readers get a better feel of your personality and what kind of tone and writing they can expect for your e-book. You can use it to establish your credibility as well.
• Amazon Blog – You get this with your Author Page. Do not copy-paste entries from your other blogs here. Instead, make every entry special and with Amazon users in mind. You can also use this to upload book trailers for your work.
• Tagging – Amazon lets you use a maximum of 15 tags to help improve search results for your e-book.
Other Types of Marketing
You are likely to be familiar with how most of the items listed below are used. Take advantage of all of them because – you should know the golden rule by now – they are free resources!
• Social networking – Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace et al
• Instant Messaging – Yahoo, GTalk, Skype et al
• Chat rooms and chat boards
• Press releases • Microblogging – Twitter, Tumbler, Plurk et al
• Social bookmarking – Digg, Reddit, et al
• Article Directories – Ezine, Hubpages, EHow, et al
Now that you have reached the very last page of this guide, you are already in possession of all Secrets to Successful Amazon Kindle Business. By now, you are hopefully convinced as well that you can write a bestseller even if you do not have the best writing skills.
Ultimately, content is still king and people will love to read your e-book if you have something worth reading.
Good luck on your publishing journey!